The people who have high blood sugar always think of and want to know – can diabetics eat bananas If yes, then how?
Because people who have high glucose in their body, they have to avoid a lot of food in eating – especially the bananas.
That’s why I want to tell you all the things which you need and you should know about it because this disease runs very long and you have to eat everything in control.
What you want to know is as follows –
- can diabetics eat bananas?
- Which banana will be more beneficial for you – Green banana or unripe banana and ripe banana?
- What should be the size of a banana?
- How many bananas should we take in one day? And
- Final & Most Important tips.
Any disease can be treated normally by proper diet, but we must know which ingredients are right for our bodies and for our health and which is not right.
And all the food items including banana.
Most people believe that in diabetes, especially in hyperglycemia, bananas should not be eaten, because it increases blood glucose levels in the body and this is absolutely true. So you should not eat a banana? Read below for this.
Can Diabetics Eat Bananas –
There is no such that you can not eat bananas, you can eat but in moderation.
For this, you should know what your daily requirement of Banana is and what size should it be?
Since its glycemic index (GI – this is a type of ranking method, it is measured that how much quantity of carbohydrate is found in any food, and how it affects human blood sugar level) is enough.
The food in which the more glycemic index is found, the more bad effects on our blood.
What is The Size of The Banana for Diabetics?
The banana of medium size (7-8 inches long) is best for you, because in such banana the amount of sugar, calories, and carbs are low, which is best for one meal but do not take the larger size.
Because banana with large size, the amount of carbs, calories, and fructose (the sugar that is found naturally in fruits and this is the form of sugar) is quite high, which is not right for your health because 37 to 38 grams of carbs are found.
Now it comes –
How Much Do You Eat in a Day?
This topic is quite intriguing because it is difficult to say the right about it. If you are regular on Fitnesswood, then I have already told you that the requirement of carbohydrate (carbs) is different in every individual.
Because, depending on the age, weight, physical activity and physical inactivity of every human being.
Apart from this, it also depends on how sensitive the carbs or sugar is with the body of the patient, so it is difficult to tell how many bananas you should take it in a day.
But many nutritionists and doctors believe that a person can enjoy a medium size banana in one day but not much.
But here is a condition that if you take the source of some other carbs other than banana, then you have to reduce the amount of banana i.e. small size banana.
So now you must have understood how often you should take it in one day and how small it should be.
Let’s talk now –
Is Ripe Banana Beneficial or Unripe Banana?
Studies have shown that unripe banana spikes blood less than ripe banana because the unripe banana has a low glycemic index and carbs are also less in it.
You can use either of them.
If you are physically more active then you can also eat ripe bananas.
Now talk about its nutritional value – it contains a considerable quantity of healthy substances, such as potassium, sodium, vitamin B6, manganese, etc., which is needed by the body.
That’s why it should be in your diet.
Final Tips on Can Diabetics Eat Bananas –
- Never use more ripe bananas.
- Its size should be medium or small.
- The best time to eat it is in the morning i.e. at breakfast because at this time your insulin is imbalanced and blood glucose level also decreases.
- Do not use banana chips sold in the market.
- Diabetic can eat bananas but in moderation.
- I would recommend that you prepare your diet plan from the best dietitian because diabetes is a lifelong disease.
- If you make a meal plan then you are less dependent on medication.
- The amount of carbs in your diet should be low.
Some useful tips for you –
- 7 New Year Health Motivation & Healthy Resolution for Your Life.
- 6 Foods You Should Never Ever Eat with Diabetes.
- 5 High Protein for Diabetics with Bonus Tips.
- Diabetic Diet for Beginners.
- Sugar-free Diabetics Recipes for Dinner.
You can see this video to learn more about what you should avoid and what not to do in diabetes –
I hope you have enjoyed this information ( can diabetics eat bananas ) a lot. If yes, then share it with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter so that they can also get great benefits.
If you have any suggestions or questions related to this, you can feel free to comment me below.