If you are diabetic then this article may be best for you, because here I am going to tell you about 8 Effective Herbs and spices for diabetes treatment today. Because people are always searching for spices that cure diabetes on Google, because of which it becomes the most important topic for you.
And this is very important for those people who are battling type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
The spices mentioned below have some herbs that should not be taken by people with Low blood sugar.
Before moving forward, it becomes necessary to know why spices are necessary for us and what happens if you eat more spices?
If you eat any food much more than necessary, its side effects can be very dangerous, the biggest example is diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol etc.
Moderation is very important for both healthy people or an unhealthy one, if you are healthy and you are using more than moderation, then you will definitely have side effects of it.
When this is the case of healthy people, then you can think of the condition of the unhealthy person?
That is why it becomes important for the diabetic to know about anything before eating it so that you do not have any of its consequences later.
Diabetes is a disease related to lifestyle and you have to live with it whole life. That is why it becomes necessary for you to take caution in eating anything.
Spices are such ingredients that are used in every house. And it is used without consideration, which is not considered beneficial for our overall health.
Because you use spices for taste, not for the treatment of any disease. That’s why people use it more than the extent. later on, you have to face a lot of trouble.
You do not have to use it more nor less.
Because you are diabetic, you have to change the way you use spice, then you will be able to enjoy a healthy life.
I am going to tell you about any herbs or spices that will help you control high blood sugar levels, so you read it carefully.
Now we come to the main topic –
8 Effective Herbs and spices for diabetes treatment –
1. Fenugreek –
This is one of the most effective spices, because of which I put it on number 1. It is considered both in spice and herbs.
Because fenugreek helps reduce your high blood sugar level.
It contains fiber which slows down the absorption of your sugar and carbohydrates, that’s why it does not let your insulin down.
How to use it –
- Put a big spoonful of fenugreek in a glass of water and soak it in the night, and drink it in the morning and eat the remaining fenugreek seeds and chew it with teeth, which will benefit you a lot.
- You can eat it by mixing it with wheat flour and baking bread.
Extra tips – You can also use its powder, but I would recommend that if you use it raw then it will be better for you.
2. Cinnamon powder –
It is also quite strong for diabetic-medicine.
It is not only used by us, but it is also used by big dieticians, nutritionists, doctors etc.
Because its effect is very strong on your body and blood glucose, therefore it is used by all people.
When you eat or drink any fruit juice, your blood sugar will spike, but when you use cinnamon powder in juice or food, your blood does not spike.
The most important thing is that it does not bitter in food, because of which people use it easily.
It is completely diabetic-friendly.
How to use it –
- You can use cinnamon powder in sugar-free tea.
- Most of it is used in oatmeal, smoothies, fruit juice, herbal tea, which is perfect for your health.
How to Make Cinnamon Tea for Diabetic –
- Cinnamon – a stick,
- Hot water – one cup,
- Tea bag – a bag.
- First, put the cinnamon stick in a mug on the stove. After that, add water to it and boil it for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When it comes to a boil, put a tea bag in it.
- Now you can enjoy it by putting it in the cup.
Extra tips –
You can also use cinnamon powder at the place of Cinnamon stick.
In this tea, you can use small spoon honey, which is optional.
3. Turmeric Powder –
It does not help directly in reducing your blood sugar level, but it is very useful for you.
People who have been diagnosed with diabetes due to obesity, they help lose weight.
It contains an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance which is considered to be good for your overall health.
Apart from this, it helps you to eliminate kidney problems, which is often accompanied by the diabetic. That’s why you must include it in your diet plan.
How to use it –
- Mix turmeric powder in milk and drink it.
- Using it in green vegetables is very beneficial, so you must include it in the vegetables.
- Which is the best for you – turmeric and metformin
- Both are right in their place. If you want to control sugar in a natural way, turmeric is right and if you want to go for medicine, then the metformin is right.
- It depends on every individual, which is better for him.
4. Garlic for diabetes –
This is considered to be the best for a diabetic because allicin is found in it.
Apart from balancing the sugar, it is also considered right for your blood pressure, blood flow and imbalanced cholesterol. It is considered as best for type 2 diabetes.
How to use garlic for diabetes treatment –
- You can eat it by making a sauce with peppermint.
- You can also use the garlic supplement, but with the advice of the doctor.
- You can use it as a spice in vegetable, that is, you can use it anyway.
5. Basil powder –
It is also known as the holy basil because its benefits are tremendous if you use it correctly, it is magic herb for diabetes.
Because it helps in controlling your insulin, and besides this, it helps people who have high blood pressure due to high blood sugar.
If one of the three diabetes patients has a problem of blood pressure, then you can understand how beneficial it can be for you.
How to use it –
- You can use it by putting in an omelet, brown rice, salad etc.
- You can mix it in tea.
Extra tips of spices for diabetes –
You can also use basil leaves instead of basil powder, which will give you more benefits.
How to Make Basil Tea –
- Basil Powder – One teaspoon,
- Water – a cup,
- Tea bag – a bag
- (optional – natural honey).
- First, put a mug on the stove.
- After that pour water and heat it for 5 minutes.
- When it comes to a boil, then put a tea bag in it and then let a boil come.
- After that, put basil powder in a cup and pour hot water in it, then you can drink.
- If you want to add honey then you can add honey in last.
- This is the best way to make basil tea.
6. Ginger in diabetes –
Ginger is known as anti-diabetic. Apart from this, there are a lot of other benefits, such as weight loss.
How to Use It –
For this, you can add it to herbal tea, black tea, salad, green vegetable juice, vegetable etc.
Also Read – Top 3 Herbal Tea for Diabetes with Benefits.
7. Green cardamom –
It is also called small cardamom. It helps in increasing your appetite. This is insulin friendly, so you can use it in sugar-free tea. Apart from this, it prevents blood pressure from being diabetes.
How to Use It –
You can add cardamom to herbal tea, milk tea, black tea, smoothies, salads, etc.
A lot of people have a question that ‘Is cardamom good for diabetes’?
Definitely now you know.
8. Chirata (Swertia chirata) herbs –
This is a kind of herbs, which are found mostly in India. Its taste is bitter, due to which it is used to control sugar. Which helps in improving your insulin. It is long and dark wood.
How to use chirata in diabetes –
Before bedtime, put one tablespoon or half fist into a glass of water. And immediately after getting up in the morning, drink it empty stomach.
Now you know about the best herbs and spices for diabetes.
You will not get any benefit from reading it unless you use it.
Bonus tips ( Herbs and Spices for Diabetes ) –
- Do not use much of any material.
- You can use each one by changing the ingredients.
- Do not use much of any kind of spices.
- If you have Hypoglycemia, then do not use all of these, because it is only for type 2 diabetic, and prediabetic.
Some useful topics for you –
- What is Hypoglycemia? Its Symptoms, Causes, Diet, and Treatments.
- 6 Foods You Should Never Eat with Diabetic.
- Best 8 Low-Carbs Vegetables for High Blood Sugar.
- 5 Healthy Protein for You.
- Diabetic Diet for Beginners with Tips.
- Diabetes Recipes for Dinner.
To learn how cinnamon improves your insulin resistance, you can watch this video –
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quite a lot. If yes, then share it with your friends on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter.
If you have any questions related to it ( 8 Powerful Herbs and Spices for Diabetes Treatment) then you can comment me down, which I will try to answer soon.